NOTE: All students are expected to buy their respective AP books on their own in July when schedules are finalized.
U.S. GOVERNMENT & POLITICS
- A Brilliant Solution: Inventing the American Consitution by Carol Berkin
U.S. HISTORY (select one)
- Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President by Candice Millard
- The River of Doubt: Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey by Candice Millard
- A Short History of Progress by Ronald Wright
- How Soccer Explains the World: An Unlikely Theory of Globalization by Franklin Foer
- Naked Economics: Undressing the Dismal Science by Charles Wheelan
- (BWK students) Reviving Ophelia by Mary Pipher and Ruth Ross
- (GA students) Raising Cain by Dan Kindlon and Michael Thompson
- Prisoners of Geography: Ten Maps That Explain Everything About the World by Tim Marshall
- Modern World History students are only required to read Chapters 5-10 on Spirits, Coffee, and Tea. They will receive a subsequent email with the assignment.
- US History students will also receive an email about particulars for the assignment related to Brave Companions.
- US History Civil Rights will not have a summer read this year. In lieu, students will complete a current events project.
- AP Art History will also not have a summer read. In lieu, students will complete museum visits.